Get Wet ‘n Wild Navy SEALs before it’s gone forever!
Only a few days left to grab Wet ‘n Wild Navy SEALs for $0.99! The 10-book bundle will be removed from sale on July 31st.
Whether you’re looking for a little sizzle or a lot of steam, you’ll find the hard-bodied, soft-hearted hero of your dreams on Sea, Air or Land in these sexy romance-packed novels and novellas brought to you by 10 of your favorite New York Times, USA Today and other award-winning and best-selling authors.
And in important national news…..
In honor of this important national holiday, I thought I’d share my favorite lasagna recipe.
1 10-oz pack frozen spinach or 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed
salt and pepper to taste
2 c basic Italian sauce (see below)
1 c pesto (see below)
1 15-oz container of ricotta cheese
1/2 lb. mozzarella, sliced
1/4 c grated Parmesan
2 T olive oil
- Grease 9×9 baking pan
- Steam the sliced potatoes until barely tender, about 10 min
- If using frozen spinach, cook and drain
- If using fresh spinach, steam lightly
- Layer half the potatoes in the baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Add half the tomato sauce, all of the spinach, the optional pesto, the ricotta, and half of the mozzarella
- Repeat with the potatoes and salt and pepper, the remaining sauce and mozzarella, and all of the Parmesan cheese
- Drizzle olive oil evenly over the top
- Bake covered for 30 minutes in a 375 oven
- Uncover and bake until the top is bubbly and starting to brown, another 30 minutes or so
Basic Italian Sauce (Freezes well)
1/4 c olive oil
2 clove garlic, minced
2 14-1/2-oz cans whole tomatoes
1 6-oz can tomato paste
1 T red wine vinegar
1 T sugar or honey
1 t salt
1/8 t pepper
pinch ground cloves
1/8 t fennel seeds
1 t grated lemon zest
1 t oregano
1 t marjoram
1/2 t thyme
1 bay leaf
- Sauté onion in oil until transparent
- Add all remaining ingredients
- Stir and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove bay leaf.
Yield: 4 cups
1 c (packed) fresh basil leaves
4 cloves garlic
1/2 c walnuts or pine nuts
1/2 c olive oil
2 T lemon juice
1 c grated Parmesan
salt to taste (optional)
- Puree basil leaves in blender or food processor.
- Continue blending, adding garlic and nuts until they are well ground.
- Slowly add the olive oil, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
Yield 1-3/4 cups
Enjoy! Now I’m hungry……..
The Most Popular Post of the Week
This link to an article about Thor’s Well on the Oregon coast, complete with gorgeous photos, was the most popular post this week. http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/thor-s-well